Beaches in Mauritius
La Cuvette Beach Mauritius
Down the road from the bustling Grand Baie shops, restaurants and beaches is this hidden treasure. La Cuvette public beach is in northern Mauritius. Just a short distance from Grand Baie and Pereybere beach.
My son summed up La Cuvette public beach in the best way. He said La Cuvette is great for ‘the waves’ and having a ‘quieter’ beach experience.
Pereybere beach is ‘amazing for swimming’
TOP TIPS FOR VISITING LA CUVETTE BEACH
- Bring a picnic. Yes, there are some little food stalls but doesn’t offer a diverse food offering. OR just talk a little stroll to Grand Baie, where you’ll be spoilt with food choices.
- This is a small beach so you can keep an eye on your little ones.
- Be careful of the waves. The sea at La Cuvette Beach can get a bit choppy.
- Leave your Parasol at home! The beach has lots of trees and has plenty of shade to escape those days when the sun is in full force!
USEFUL INFO ON LA CUVETTE BEACH PUBLIC BEACH
There’s a small car park, changing facilities and toilets. Towards the back of the beach near the food stalls, there’s also a little outside shower. I love beaches with a little shower / tap as you always end up getting sand stuck in your flip flops!
As with all beaches in Mauritius, La Cuvette also has that stunning crystal clear water with those beautiful shades of blue.
I’ve always found La Cuvette beach to be very clean and it is a great spot to get away from the busier beaches on the island.
DIRECTIONS TO LA CUVETTE PUBLIC BEACH
- La Cuvette is a 20 minute walk from Grand Baie Shopping Centre, walking along the main road.
- Or if you prefer take a leisurely walk along Grand Baie Beach and you’ll pass 1 or 2 hotels on your way. Again, it takes around a 20 minute walk.
- From the Real Mauritius Apartments, La Cuvette Beach is a 20 minute car ride.
THE REAL MAURITIUS APARTMENTS
Want to stay in your own private, 5 star rated, self-catering apartment in northern Mauritius? Relax on the sun loungers, take a deep in the pool and enjoy authentic Mauritian food on your terrace or balcony.